Naked Eyes/DJing!

I'm DJing this weekend! (Hopefully)! To prepare I went to Amoeba 2 weeks ago to gather a new group of records for my friend's birthday party. Liz has planned the party to have a cult theme and this has led me to want to play some darkish 80's. Lots of New Order, Ministry, etc, plus some fun dancey stuffs. She has requested some Tom Tom Club! I also hope to pair the DJing with a fabulous big-shouldered black velvet dress!

I picked up some great finds at Amoeba (Some 60s, Altered Images, Thomas Dolby, Billy Stewart, Rod Stewart, Bill Nelson). But the best find was a record I almost didn't get. It was Naked Eyes for only $1. Turns out it is a rare find. I got the U.S. version of their first album. With the hit singles "Always Something There to Remind Me" and "Promises, Promises". Here is the info from wikipedia:

"Burning Bridges was Naked Eyes' 1983 début album. The album was released in the United States and Canada as Naked Eyes with two tracks demoted to B-sides.The track "Always Something There to Remind Me" was released as a single and reached No. 59 in the United Kingdom chart and US Top 10 in July 1983."

This is the U.S. album cover:

Unfortunately, this album never came out on CD. So, the only way to hear it in it's entirety is via record. So glad I bought this! I did download their greatest hits, which has about half of the songs from this album. Here are a few of my favorites!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright I'm Overdressed . All Rights Reserved.